SOCCER CAPE BRETON’S Winter programs will begin again on a modified training schedule from Tuesday February 20, 2024.
After damage to the CBU Dome during the recent storm we are for now not able to use our winter training facility until the snow melts and a repair schedule is confirmed before reinflation.
This means that over the last week we have had to pivot towards working with our gym providers in the education system to put together a plan that will keep our young players on the ball over the next three months.
It is our intention to move training outside in April, weather permitting, but we will have contingencies in place now as we await further news on the Dome.
Our process here has been further complicated by the fact that all schools were out of operation last week and all administrative staff were not at their desks.
We have a framework to work to now in terms of the provision of emergency gym time and will work alongside our providers to confirm the final plan this week.
Our next communication to members will now be on Thursday February 15 when we hope to have concrete schedules for each team and program and these will be notified through the website, Facebook page, social media and the normal SCB/CBFC email channels.
Soccer Cape Breton would like to thank all of our members for their patience during this difficult time for everyone on the island. We look forward to seeing everyone back in practice next week.